Opel-Supplier: Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) in NX - Special Knowledge for Professionals
Adam Opel AG has their completely own requirements on the engineering data they expect from their suppliers.
This training aims at users in the automotive supplier industry for Opel, who are to create Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) in 3D-models, by means of the CAD-system. The training offer close reference to actual processes, by means of practice on actual Opel components: PMI-elements are created under realistic work conditions in compliance woth Opel specific processes.
Opel-Acknowledged Seminar with Certificate
With the Certificate, you prove that you fulfil the requirements for a qualified cooperation defined by Opel.
- You are able to generate Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) in the NX-module 3D Model.
- You incorporate the Opel-specific guidelines for data quality, when creating Datasets.
- You use our recommendations to create PMI-elements quickly and efficiently.
Trainer / Methodology
- Your trainer usually teaches Opel-employees and knows the processes and methodology of Opel very well.
- Methodology: presentations, practical examples, design exercises are available at a previously prepared PC.
- Engineers, technicians and designers, who supply Opel with CAD-data.
- Participation in the training Konstruktion mit NX - Basiskurs or similar state of knowledge in NX.
- EGD&T-basic knowledge required.
- Number of participants: Maximum of 6 participants for optimal learning effect.
Seminar Content / Agenda
- Opel-guidelines for the creation of PMI-datasets (EGDT-Dataset)
- Maintaining data quality in context with PMI
- Procedure of the release process for EGDT-datasets
- Creating EGDT-dataset with NX PMI Tools
- Creating PMI-elements:
- Dimensioning and auxiliary geometry
- Regions and Datum Targets
- Geometric tolerances for shapes and bearings (Feature Control Frame)
- Section and Lightweight Section
- Restoring the associativity of PMI-elements for EGDT-datasets
- Important PMI-settings for Teamcenter Lifecycle Visualization Mockup
- Exporting of PMI-information from NX to PDF
The seminar content refers to the software-version used at Opel on the date of the training course.
Duration / Seminar times / Venue
- 2 days
- Daily 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM
- Training courses are held in Rüsselsheim.
- 920.- Euro plus. 19 % VAT per participant
Included are training materials, lunch and refreshments. The participants receive an Opelacknowledged certificate.