The PROSTEP Group is the leading independent provider of consulting services and software that cover every aspect of product lifecycle management (PLM) and application lifecycle management (ALM). We help manufacturing companies establish end-to-end digitalization and thus enhance their innovative capability and competitiveness.
Our strength lies in a combination of top-notch services and outstanding products. We offer our customers services ranging from PLM strategy consulting and process optimization to system selection and optimization through to consulting on every aspect of process, method and IT system design in mechatronics and software environments. And we offer them software solutions for PLM integration and migration, collaboration, and secure data exchange and conversion. This makes it possible for our customers to develop, manufacture, and operate highly complex products and systems.
Our mission - Enabling the designs of your future
PROSTEP is a leading partner for manufacturers and suppliers in the automotive, aerospace, electronics, and other industries. Our strength lies in a combination of experience, process know-how and technical competence. Our worldclass business tools, together with our experienced employees, bring industry best practices that allow you to implement solutions tailored to your specific challenges. Engineering and manufacturing companies benefit from enhanced customer and supply chain collaboration.
Founded in 1993 by a consortium of global OEMs and suppliers, PROSTEP has been instrumental in advancing the open standards currently being deployed. PROSTEP tools like OpenPDM and OpenDXM integrate seamlessly with best-in-class PDM, CAD, TRANSLATION and QUALITY CHECKING systems and networks to bridge the connectivity and quality gaps found in today’s complex heterogeneous environments.
PROSTEP contributes thousands of hours of expertise each year to supporting various open standards bodies. The non-profit group ProSTEP iViP is comprised of members from a large number of companies around the world, including OEMs, suppliers and vendors, all interested in advancing the adaption of industry standards.
PROSTEP is proud to count among its customers and partners leading, worldclass companies from various branches of industry and from all over the globe. PROSTEP’s list of customers include companies such as Airbus, Audi, BMW, Bosch, Continental, Daimler, Delphi, GM/Opel, John Deere, Valeo and Volkswagen.
PROSTEP has longstanding partnerships with global solution providers such as Dassault Systèmes, IBM, PTC, SAP, Siemens PLM and others.
PDM to PDM integrations
- Our mission - Enabling the designs of your future
- Automatic Metadata and Structure Conversion
- Security and Data Integration
- Import Conflict Resolution
- Easy-to-Use Visual Tools
To learn more, visit pdmmigrationtoolkit.com
- Customer and Supply Chain Communications
- Data Translation and Quality Checking
- Data Archiving and Auditing
Enterprise Data Modeling and Consulting
3D PDF solutions for engineering data with PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D
To learn more, visit pdfgenerator3d.com
Professional and Secure Managed File Transfer Solutions with PROSTEP OpenDXM GlobalX
To learn more, visit opendxmglobalx.com
We are a partner to all leading PLM vendors and maintain a very good network with all the players in the PLM community.
As an automotive think tank, we help shape PLM trends and make them accessible to the entire manufacturing industry.
We always keep the promises we make and deliver on time, in budget and with requisite level of quality.
We know the PLM strategies, processes, requirements and solutions in the manufacturing industry.
Many customers have relied on our consulting and solution expertise from day one.
The name PROSTEP is synonymous with wide-ranging PLM expertise. We have been advising and helping leading companies worldwide develop their PLM strategies, define their PLM infrastructure, select systems, optimize their PLM processes and integrate their suppliers for over 25 years. The experience gained from hundreds of successful customer projects is bundled in our practice-oriented methodology.
- PROSTEP is the vendor-neutral PLM consultant with the best overview of the PLM market. Our credo is based on the openness, transparency and flexibility of PLM solutions.
- The comprehensive know-how offered by our staff provides the framework for our consulting services. They not only speak the language of IT experts but are also familiar with user requirements.
- We provide our customers with both advice and implementation support. That is why our approach to consulting is geared to the requirements of real-life applications.
- Consulting projects are handled by small, competent teams using agile methods to ensure that concrete results are achieved quickly.
- An extensive toolbox of methods, templates and best practices guarantee a tried-and-tested uniform approach and ensure that projects can be handled quickly.
- Use of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) ensures the smooth rollout and testing of IT solutions and enables errors to be identified and rectified as best possible.
- Our methodology is constantly being improved and enhanced. Our specialist teams collect information about projects being conducted at different companies and in different industries and applies this know-how to your project.
- Our experienced team of developers design and implement software solutions tailored to meet your individual needs using agile technologies such as SCRUM, etc.
PROSTEP – 100% PLM
Together we are stronger. We develop powerful integration solutions for our customers in close partnership with leading PLM vendors. However, as a partner for Connectivity, we also make our integration platform and know-how available to other companies. Why don’t you become a PROSTEP partner?
Our customers have access to an extensive network of technology, sales and service partners that is constantly growing. You benefit from our stake in companies that expand our range of solutions. And you are right at the forefront of new technologies: As a member of numerous organizations, we are actively involved in important research and development projects, especially in the field of standardization.
We cultivate open relationships with all the vendors of IT systems in the PLM environment to ensure that we are always able to offer our customers the best possible solution.
We maintain strategic partnerships with leading CAx and PLM vendors, who grant us insights into their software development. This know-how enables us keep our edge when it comes to integration.
Others can also take advantage of this know-how. We help IT vendors use our integration platform to develop their own solutions for their customers. Please contact us if you would like to find out more.
PROSTEP works together with renowned sales and service partners in specific industries and regions. These specialists are able to provide comprehensive and competent on-site support to companies in a variety of different industries.
We are always looking for new partners who are interested in expanding their offering with our products and services. Are you interested? Then please feel free to contact us.
PROSTEP is part of a number of joint ventures, thus bundling its various areas of expertise for the benefit of its customers and providing them with access to innovative technologies.
PROSTEP AG is in tune with the times and plays an active role in bringing about new developments.
We are therefore a member of the following organizations:
- Read more
Darmstadt, August 2023 – PROSTEP and Altair, a global leader in computational science and artificial intelligence (AI), have expanded their…
- Read more
Darmstadt, June 2023 – Maritime systems such as cruise ships and frigates comprise several million components, far exceeding the magnitude of other…